Pages

Friday, December 7, 2012

Festivities

To start off...I love the Holidays (side note). There is so much to do and see; the only downfall this year is there is no snow. It may seem like a weird request but as much as I hate the cold the Holidays aren't the same without a winter wonderland backdrop. I know I will take back how I feel after Christmas.

Josh and I were hoping that we would be in our townhouse before Christmas, but it is taking longer than we anticipated. The more I thought about it I realized that it would probably be too chaotic trying to move in during the Holidays anyways. The good news is our move in date is the first week in January! We are so excited.
One of my favorite things about the townhouses we bought were the light pastel colors. I love the craftsman style look. The color options are pastel green, gray, yellow and dark brown. We got to choose everything inside of the house but we had no say on the color they painted the outside. My last choice was the brown; my chances of getting it were slim.....then as luck would have it Josh texted me and gave me the bad news. Our townhouse got painted brown! ha ha We just laughed. It doesn't mean we are any less thrilled we have our own place.

The next item of discussion is one that may shock you. I finally decided to get my ears pierced. I waited 24 years of not caring to get them pierced and then BAM... I officially have two holes in my ears. The last couple of months I have kept noticing earrings that I love. The weekend Josh and I went to Vegas I told him I wanted my ears pierced. He told me he wouldn't come with me because he didn't want "anyone" aka my dad thinking he had any part in it. A couple weeks passed by and I still wanted them pierced so I dragged Josh with me to the mall. I'll be honest, the fact that the girl who pierced my ears was only 19 made me want to reconsider and turn around. She offered me a sucker and all was well!
















Needless to say I am happy with  my choice and it didn't hurt as bad as I thought! Later that night we went mattress shopping.
That week we went to see the Festival of Trees with our friend Dubs and Sarai. They are sweet newlyweds. 


We went to the Chocolate afterwards for my favorite glass of milk and chocolate cake

Saturday night we went to Josh's first work Christmas party for his new job. He works with such fun people. Josh scored the best white elephant gift at the party. It was a Santa hat that plays a Christmas song and moves to the beat. I on the other hand got the creepiest looking doll. I can't keep in our bedroom because it would haunt me. 
Right after the party we jumped in the car and changed for our Ugly Sweater party. Saturday was a busy day!


I love how close we have all stayed since Cougarettes. It was fun to get everyone together. After games and food, the girls went upstairs to talk for an hour while the guys talked sports. We came back down an hour later and the guys weren't ready to go. Sorry Cherese and Jackson for staying over till 1 am. ha

Every Sunday after church Josh and I go look at our place.
















Kaley gave me the best idea so I copied her and made our Christmas stockings. I added some things here and there.














Wednesday night was our ward Progressive Relief Society dinner. My job was to make the yams and Josh's mom made a Tres Leches cake. We both put them in the fridge the night before so we'd be ready to go the next day. While I was at work, I texted Josh's dad and had him put my yams in the oven for one hour. I got home and Josh's mom, Merlynn, looked distraught. She kept saying she wanted to cry. After I asked what happened I couldn't help but bust up laughing. She got home and realized that Ray had put her cake, she had already made in the oven thinking it was my yams. What a disaster! After 20 minutes in the oven she quickly tried to bring it back to life by putting it in the freezer. Even though my yams needed 1 hr in the oven we still got a solid 45 minutes. Luke warm yams are delicious :) Good times.


Last but not least, we finally put together a double date with Nick and Lu! We ate at Malawis and went to watch Lone Peak play. Really random but the boys enjoyed it. After the game Lu and I had to ask who won.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS