Well it's official. As of a couple of days ago Josh and I finished Prison Break. 4 Seasons in a matter of a couple of weeks...DONE! Now we have to find better things to do with our time.
This week had been a a busier week than normal. I decided this week that I was going to man up and attempt to sell alarms to businesses in the area. This would help me make better use with all my spare time. Josh taught me all I needed to know and attempted to do role play with me...um awkward, no thanks! I never thought selling alarms would be so hard. Talking to people had never been hard for me so I figured they would listen to what I had to say. Wednesday morning rolled around and I attempted to do outbound calls. I called 52 people and nobody wanted an alarm. I was that person on the phone that everyone hated!
I would begin to talk and get responses like, "Um no we are good, take us off your call list." After they would hang up I was left in awe thinking....you didn't even give me a chance to tell you what I was calling for?? ha After 2 1/2 hours I was mentally exhausted.
My goal the next day was to go out and visit people face to face. Drumroll....no success! Some people were not willing to listen to me and those that did would say they were content for the time being. Come on PEOPLE!
Thursday, I definitely gained even more respect for Josh and I continue to admire how good he is at what he does. I am so grateful Josh is such a hard worker and doesn't ever complain. He deals with a variety of people but still seems to know how to get them to say yes.
Just talking to people for a couple of hours was mentally draining and all I wanted to do was go home and stare at the ceiling. I wasn't about to give up. The next couple of days all I could think about was how to pitch people. It consumed my thoughts and even my dreams at night. I am so glad I have Josh to help me practice; he is so patient.
I think Josh could tell I was being too hard on myself because I wanted to badly to be successful. Friday I got a text from him telling me to meet him at 5pm on 14304 S. Maple Road and to not ask any questions. I followed those directions and it led to a movie theatre. Josh surprised me and took the rest of the day off work to go to Hunger Games; which I have been dying to see! After the movie, we went to Red Mango and just enjoyed the rest of the night. This is what kind of person he is. He is always looking out for me and I love him.

Sometimes Josh likes to unwind after a long day...luckily its for a short amount of time
This week had been a a busier week than normal. I decided this week that I was going to man up and attempt to sell alarms to businesses in the area. This would help me make better use with all my spare time. Josh taught me all I needed to know and attempted to do role play with me...um awkward, no thanks! I never thought selling alarms would be so hard. Talking to people had never been hard for me so I figured they would listen to what I had to say. Wednesday morning rolled around and I attempted to do outbound calls. I called 52 people and nobody wanted an alarm. I was that person on the phone that everyone hated!
I would begin to talk and get responses like, "Um no we are good, take us off your call list." After they would hang up I was left in awe thinking....you didn't even give me a chance to tell you what I was calling for?? ha After 2 1/2 hours I was mentally exhausted.
My goal the next day was to go out and visit people face to face. Drumroll....no success! Some people were not willing to listen to me and those that did would say they were content for the time being. Come on PEOPLE!
Thursday, I definitely gained even more respect for Josh and I continue to admire how good he is at what he does. I am so grateful Josh is such a hard worker and doesn't ever complain. He deals with a variety of people but still seems to know how to get them to say yes.
Just talking to people for a couple of hours was mentally draining and all I wanted to do was go home and stare at the ceiling. I wasn't about to give up. The next couple of days all I could think about was how to pitch people. It consumed my thoughts and even my dreams at night. I am so glad I have Josh to help me practice; he is so patient.
I think Josh could tell I was being too hard on myself because I wanted to badly to be successful. Friday I got a text from him telling me to meet him at 5pm on 14304 S. Maple Road and to not ask any questions. I followed those directions and it led to a movie theatre. Josh surprised me and took the rest of the day off work to go to Hunger Games; which I have been dying to see! After the movie, we went to Red Mango and just enjoyed the rest of the night. This is what kind of person he is. He is always looking out for me and I love him.
Friday....let's just say neither of us decided to work. We got in the car at 3pm and drove 3 hours to Kansas City for the Royals vs Yankees baseball game. I was beyond myself!

YANKEES WON!!!
We each enjoyed some bratwurst hotdogs, funnel cakes, and blue cheese french fries...have mercy
Saturday morning we woke up early to both head out and make some money. It must have been my lucky day because I actually got a sale! I sold a business called Huntington Learning Center. Once I pitched her and talked with her for a while she said she would think about it. I was determined to get this sale and I was not about to walk out. I kept at it and next thing I knew I got her to sign the paperwork...DONE! It was definitely a lucky day. Later that night Josh and I went out to dinner to celebrate and relaxed watching a redbox with our favorite treats. I would say we had a pretty spontaneous/memorable week!



Lize! I love it! How fun for you guys! I love reading your blog.... but it makes me miss you!!!!
ReplyDelete