Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Last couple months of summer

I can't believe how fast summer has flown by. As if it makes any difference; it's not like I have had it of and now I'm getting ready to go back to school. These last couple of months of work have been the off season for events. It's been nice to be home for more than a week at a time. We got in as much traveling as we could.

Katie flew into town to visit so all a bunch of us got together and went to Christy's barre pump class. She kicked out trash. I am so grateful for Cougarettes and the friendships that were because they will last a lifetime.
That weekend I went on a girls trip with a group of my friends. We went to St. George and did the usual. Eat, pool, eat and shop.

This time we went down to Vegas for one day and saw the Cirque du Soleil show O show. I have been dying to see it forever. Unfortunately, I was a little disappointed. Apart of way Cirque shows are so neat is because you know their is high risk involved. This show had amazing tricks but if they were to fall they would fall in water. Big Deal! ha I sound terrible. Plus the music put me to sleep. Give me some upbeat intense music, not music you would play at a funeral. Zzzz! Goodnight.

Loved celebrating the 24th of July! We went and had pizza and did fireworks with Josh's nieces and nephews. Later we met up with friends and put on our own firework show.
 They are a hoot!
My family had a timeshare in Park City for the week so we went to visit them one night. We had dinner and enjoyed a game of dominoes. You may laugh but don't hate until you play it. You'll be hooked.
Every year Josh's family rents a cabin up in Bear Lake. This is one trip Josh looks forward to every year. Everyone brings 2 treats for everyone and we eat ourselves sick. This year was a ton of fun and a lot more chaotic than usual. More kids=more chaos. I love each and every one of them and wouldn't change it for the world. It was an eye opening experience though. Vacationing once you have kids changes everything. Relaxing is out of the cards.

Loved chilling on the beach

Someone was a little exhausted.

Next was the trip I look forward to every year...Newport Beach! Josh has never been a big fan of California. That is like a swear word to me. Its where I have gone ever since I was little. I was hoping to give him an experience that would make it so Cali would have his heart. My family has our typical routine when we go there. Same beaches, restaurants and sites. This time we switched it up a little. This is a new Mexican restaurant we decided to try.
To celebrate Josh's birthday we went to the Dodgers game! This was after I dragged him around at the Rose Bowl flea market. My HEAVEN and what he considers JUNK.

Relaxed at the pool which Josh wished we did more of. When you travel with the Diederich clan you don't relax. It's go go go.
Liv and I loved running on the beach every morning.

We celebrated Josh's birthday at the Pelican Resort. The view was amazing. Unfortunately the picture we took of Josh blowing out his candle was blurry. One of the 3 girls will have to do.
One of my favorite things we did was take our own little ferry ride around Balboa island. Josh looks good behind the wheel.


Liv freaked out on my mom for throwing out a peace sign. Just trying to be cool I guess. It's a good look for her!

Overall, it was a great trip and I am lucky to have such an amazing family. The older we get the closer we grow with one another. We just need Isabelle to hurry home. We are also excited to have Will become apart of our family in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS