Pages

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Costa Rica

My family went to Costa Rica a couple of years ago and we fell in love with the place. I'm just glad we found our way back. It was fun to have everyone and their spouses this time around. Except for Jensen; sorry bud.

Josh and I were so worried about the flight with Luella. She hates to be held so I was worried about whether she would sleep or not. The second we sat down she decided to shat her pants all the way up her back. Luckily her poop smells like buttered movie theatre popcorn. I don't think anyone minded! She then cried bloody murder for 10 minutes; which seemed like 10 hours. At one point I considered jumping out of the emergency exit of the plane. I finally got her to sleep in my arms. Once she was asleep I then had the daunting task of not being able to move for the remaining 3 hours of the flight. That flight was the very first time I introduced baby food to her. Some may say that was a bad idea but she loved every second of it. She kept grabbing my hand and would move it towards her mouth. 

I was so glad to finally land in Costa Rica. She was a sweaty mess and had squash all over her outfit but who the heck cares.   

The day we arrived in Costa Rica also happened to be mine and Josh's 3rd year anniversary. Last year we spent our anniversary in the hospital with my intestine situation and this year we spent it on a plane; or so I thought. Once we got to the house I noticed Josh went missing. Nobody "knew" where he went. Next thing I know this happens...


He told me to get dressed and that my parents were going to watch Luella while we went and ate at the nicest restaurant in Costa Rica. We drove 10 minutes up a windy road and lo and behold it was the prettiest view I have ever seen. I told Josh I felt like I was on the reality show "The Bachelor". He told me if I was lucky enough I would get the fantasy suite card. Nice ha



We ate lobster and steak and had creme brûlée for dessert. Josh really knows the way to my heart. FOOD!

The next day my dad, Olivia and I went on a run that quickly turned into a never ending run. We had run up a mountain and on our way back down my dad decided to check out a path in the jungle. Well that path went for miles on end with no road in site. We finally came across a road but realized that there was a barbed wire fence. The map told us we still had a ways to go to get back to the starting point so we decided to slide underneath the fence. Next thing ya know a Costa Rican lady was standing there holding out her hand. She wanted us to pay her for crossing the fence. Um ya..No. Sorry lady, no espanol! The last part of our journey was spent running along a freeway. I think I may hang up my running shoes for a while. 

The rest of the week was spent eating, eating again, swimming, going to the beach and hanging out. One of the days my whole family went to a National Park and I stayed back with Luella. 


Towards the end of the week we rented a large boat and went to another island. Luella chilled underneath the boat loving life. 


We were on there all day and it was a blast! We went snorkeling, hung out on the island and relaxed on the boat. 


Josh told me I had 5 pics that day I could take of him and to use them wisely.  Leave it to Josh to make a smart comment. lol The fact that he doesn't like pictures is an understatement. Kinda love that about him. 

I feel so lucky to have these two as my sisters. I am so happy that they joined the married train. They are both examples to me and have so many amazing qualities. 

The staff made us lunch on the boat and on our way back we fished off the back. Josh, Isabelle, Will, Jensen, and Baker all attempted to catch one and they did. Whatever fish we caught they would cook up for us right then and there. We caught a ton of fish but only one was edible. 

I thought Isabelle was going in. Trying to take all precautions necessary...


One of the guides on our boat got the hook caught in his hand and he was not too happy. The other guy got caught and it ripped a hole in his shorts. Bad luck. 

Good luck was the fact that this little gem spent most of the day sleeping. I think she liked the humming noise of the boat. Happy as a clam!

Luella went swimming back at the place for the first time ever. Everytime you say "kicking" she flutters her feet. 


Classic picture 


Swimming with her dad!


Starting her at a young age...#dietcoke



We went on a family hike and Howard pretended to be our tour guide. He just made up random facts the whole way through. 


Im guessing this is his Zoolander face

Luella loves her daddy



She makes my heart want to explode.


We took Luella out to the beach for literally 2 minutes and she didn't know what to think about the sand. 



I think she preferred to sit

Family pics on the beach. Too bad Rufus couldn't make it. 


We spent our last day going to church in a town 45 minutes away. I was grateful for the opportunity to go. You realize how much you take for granted and how fortunate we are. Growing up, I literally walked across the street to go to church. A couple years ago when we were in Costa Rica a lady told us she took a 2 hour bus ride each week. Its humbling to see the dedication of the members out there. 



Overall, Costa Rica was an amazing trip. I loved being able to go with our whole family. Its so fun to have such amazing brother in laws; they are a perfect addition to the fam. We definitely missed Mitch man. Jensen is the best sport on family trips and I know he misses having someone close to him to hang out with. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS