Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Leaving on a jet plane

On Father’s day Josh dropped me off at the airport for my flight to Utah. I was able to spend the day with my family and cousins at my grandparents for Father’s day. It was so good to be with everyone. As much as I love Seattle it can get hard because I don’t see people I know very often. I am so glad I have Josh, Lisa and Oliver though. That night I drove to Blackfoot, Idaho to teach a dance camp for the next 3 days alone. The drive was actually really pretty! I enjoyed being with the team and loved seeing them progress throughout the week.










Thursday was my parent’s birthday. Yes they have it on the same day; its actually really convenient. My mom and I went to breakfast with her parents and sisters to The Pancake house. That afternoon I made an appointment for my mom and I to go get massages and then we went to get sushi for lunch. Later I picked my dad up at the airport with my brothers and we went out to dinner. Since we were on a roll with the whole eating out thing we decided to finish off the night with some frozen yogurt. It was a pretty eventful, jam packed day! It all ended when we saw that Miami won the championship. How disappointing.

Friday all of us went to a fun little consignment store that was going out of business. Everything was 50% off! I definitely used that to my advantage and bought some décor for the house that Josh and I don’t even have yet. Ha We stopped for lunch and headed over to my grandmas pool to enjoy the sun. I can’t believe how hot Utah is right now.

The rest of the night we spent up Millcreek canyon for Jenni’s wedding reception. She is a good friend of our families and it was the most beautiful wedding. It was really fun to see all of my old friends and family.

Saturday morning rolled around and Olivia, Karli and I went for a run. We planned on doing 6 miles but shortly realized after about 2 miles we were done. How embarrassing. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing. I choreographed a whole dance for another camp I am teaching in August and learned the dances I will be doing for Regional camp at UVU in Orem this Monday-Wednesday.

Every night I talk to Josh I ask him what he found to eat for dinner. He either says eggs and beans or turkey and cheese. I feel so bad for him but he loves that kind of food.  I had told him before I left that I would put together crock pot meals in the freezer he could throw in every night. He said he would be just fine without it. I guess we can’t all appreciate gourmet meals. Josh is so great and very independent. I don’t worry about him because he manages just fine on his own. The only problem is I really miss him. This will be the longest we have been apart since we’ve been married.


No comments:

Post a Comment

SITE DESIGN BY RYLEE BLAKE DESIGNS