My new job has been better than I could have imagined. I love the people I work with and the environment is a blast. I got thrown in to it all during the busiest time for the company. Domo had been preparing to go to a Dreamforce convention that would have over 70,000 attendees. From the first day I started it was meeting after meeting; I was forced to learn and learn FAST. Some call it baptism by fire. ha Oh ya!
Our CEO asked me to give a presentation at Dreamforce with a guy named Chris. I felt very privileged that he trusted me to represent DOMO after only working there four days. It was a lot of added pressure but we pulled through and had a great show. A bunch of us from Marketing and the Sales team went to the event. The show was a full week and took place in the lovely city of San Francisco. I loved it!
Our hotel was in the heart of everything. I spent a great deal of my time working,shopping, and having a good time with co-workers. Our booth at the convention was the biggest hit. Our goal was to show qualified customers our 2 min private demo video and then set up a follow up private demo afterwards. Our booth had a huge long line everyday/every hour.
It felt great to be apart of such an awesome company that is getting a lot of buzz. The trip consisted of very little if any sleep and some tired legs. Why didn't anyone tell me San Fran was fall weather already?
I brought the worst shoes for walking and not one jacket. I felt like my sister Olivia, who every family trip happens to "forget" something so my dad will buy her stuff. ha I always knew she was smart. Anyways, this experience was me paying the price.
After my trip the best part was seeing my husband at the airport. He had mentioned earlier he had a surprise for me. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the surprise. Josh had tinted the windows to my new car and washed it for me. I said something along these lines... "You have such a good looking face it's hard to notice anything else." Nice save by me.
We spent the day helping his sister move and went to dinner with some friends later that night. Sunday was relaxing. We went to my parents house for an amazing dinner and enjoyed watching some football.
Monday Josh and I spent the day hanging out and running errands. We also enjoyed lunch at Costco and dinner at our favorite place...Texas Roadhouse! That night we went to shop for furniture. One thing I have learned is Josh and I see colors completely different. I definitely think he needs to get his eyes checked. I insisted that a couch was a gray but he begged to differ. In his mind it was a shade of green. Yikes!
For anyone who is looking for a hilarious movie.....drumroll, go get "What to expect, when expecting" Josh and thought it was hilarious.
Our CEO asked me to give a presentation at Dreamforce with a guy named Chris. I felt very privileged that he trusted me to represent DOMO after only working there four days. It was a lot of added pressure but we pulled through and had a great show. A bunch of us from Marketing and the Sales team went to the event. The show was a full week and took place in the lovely city of San Francisco. I loved it!
Our hotel was in the heart of everything. I spent a great deal of my time working,shopping, and having a good time with co-workers. Our booth at the convention was the biggest hit. Our goal was to show qualified customers our 2 min private demo video and then set up a follow up private demo afterwards. Our booth had a huge long line everyday/every hour.
It felt great to be apart of such an awesome company that is getting a lot of buzz. The trip consisted of very little if any sleep and some tired legs. Why didn't anyone tell me San Fran was fall weather already?
I brought the worst shoes for walking and not one jacket. I felt like my sister Olivia, who every family trip happens to "forget" something so my dad will buy her stuff. ha I always knew she was smart. Anyways, this experience was me paying the price.
After my trip the best part was seeing my husband at the airport. He had mentioned earlier he had a surprise for me. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the surprise. Josh had tinted the windows to my new car and washed it for me. I said something along these lines... "You have such a good looking face it's hard to notice anything else." Nice save by me.
We spent the day helping his sister move and went to dinner with some friends later that night. Sunday was relaxing. We went to my parents house for an amazing dinner and enjoyed watching some football.
Monday Josh and I spent the day hanging out and running errands. We also enjoyed lunch at Costco and dinner at our favorite place...Texas Roadhouse! That night we went to shop for furniture. One thing I have learned is Josh and I see colors completely different. I definitely think he needs to get his eyes checked. I insisted that a couch was a gray but he begged to differ. In his mind it was a shade of green. Yikes!
For anyone who is looking for a hilarious movie.....drumroll, go get "What to expect, when expecting" Josh and thought it was hilarious.
No comments:
Post a Comment