Josh and I went ring shopping to multiple places but I liked way too many styles. I didn't mean to make this process hard but it was inevitable. After a while I told Josh 3 different styles I liked and that it was his decision to choose one. Plus I thought it would be fun to be surprised.
After a while, I wondered when the big day was going to happen. He told me the ring was not done being made yet. Boom, it hit me then that he was getting a custom made ring, which meant the surprise was over.
The next day I was working at the BYU basketball game and he was playing ball with his friends. Our plan was for me to come to his place in South Jordan after work. During halftime I received a text from Josh that told me their game forfeited and he was heading down to Provo instead. On my drive home I called to see where he was at and as I pulled in my garage he was standing there in a suit with yellow roses!
I ran and gave him a hug when he told me that he didn't want to disappoint me but it wasn't what it looked like. We walked inside downstairs to a trail of roses and candles. I immediately began to cry and turned the corner to find a gorgeous candle lit dinner that he had made all by himself.
He held me in his arms and said that he just wanted to do something nice for me and he would never propose like this.
He held me in his arms and said that he just wanted to do something nice for me and he would never propose like this.
Josh has always loved surprising me so I actually believed that this was just a nice night he had put together for us to enjoy. After dinner we slow danced to our song and then he asked if I was ready for dessert. I closed my eyes and my heart dropped as I heard him kneel to the ground. The time had COME!.
YES!!! That night was magical!
No comments:
Post a Comment