My excitement for our rode trip faded at about the 10 hour mark.
At that point I had eaten everything we brought, watched a movie, sang at the
top of my lungs with Josh, and was ready to use my legs. Drum roll…14 hours
past and we pulled into OMAHA, Nebraska. It was not the way I pictured it,
which was a good thing! The second we arrived I told Josh I would be happy
living here forever. There are so many trees and different unique
neighborhoods. Everything you could possibly need was on the main drag right by
our apartment. BOOM!
The second we walked into our apartment I sighed with relief
and smiled because we officially had our own place…just the two of us.
Once we got settled in we headed to Walmart to grocery shop
for the first time together. This experience opened our eyes big time!
Some bits of our converstations strolling through Walmart….both of us asked too many questions:
You
want ham?? yes...Oh well I want Turkey?? Why did you go down that aisle first? Can we get
a candle and flowers?? I like the quaker brand of oatmeal?? I don’t like cheap
toilet paper?? You have to get the honey with the good lid? Um you need to get matching rings if you are going to get the shower curtain.
My favorite was “What would you like for dinner the next couple
of days? Josh’s response, “I am fine with oatmeal or a ham sandwich.”
Just imaging myself eating that for dinner made me want to
cry. I love food way too much to limit myself to that. Sorry Joshy! Luckily we
made it out alive.
No comments:
Post a Comment